Objectives, Mission Statement and Framework
Securities litigation has grown year over year for most of the past two decades. In a field largely dominated by men, there is an untapped potential for women to collaborate with and provide referral sources for one another across the country.
Given the many strong women professionals who focus on defending securities cases, we believe it is beneficial to form an organization designed to facilitate networking, collaboration and referrals among women who practice in this area of the law, the Women in Securities Litigation (“WSL”) Network.
Mission & Objectives
A. Working Mission Statement
- To promote and support collaboration, networking, profile-raising, and mentoring among women who practice in or are associated with the field of securities litigation defense.
B. Proposed Objectives
The creation of the WSL Network is designed to accomplish several objectives.
- Create an organization designed to identify and facilitate networking among women in this field.
- Prepare events designed to share and discuss substantive issues in the field, as well as provide networking opportunities among members of the group.
- Create and maintain an online platform and network to share articles and information about upcoming events.
- Maintain a database of all members to facilitate referrals and promote female mediators and experts.
- Discuss other initiatives designed to create more public awareness regarding women’s expertise in this area.
- Collaborate with and support other women organizations.
The Advisory Committee includes the following women:
- Linda Goldstein, Dechert LLP
- Joni Jacobsen, Dechert LLP
- Angela Liu, Dechert LLP
- Kathleen Massey, Dechert LLP
- Jessica Pulliman, Baker Botts LLP
- Yan Cao, Cornerstone Research
- Jackie Roeder, Davis Graham and Stubb LLP
- Sandra Grannum, Faegre Drinker
- Meredith Kotler, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Jennifer Conn, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Mylan Denerstein, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Mary Beth Maloney, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Morgan Mordecai, Goodwin Proctor LLP
- Danielle Rose, Kobre & Kim
- Jamie Wine, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Amy Park, O’Melveny
- Audra Soloway, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Hille Sheppard, Sidley Austin LLP
- Lynn Neuner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Sharon Nelles, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Carrie Reilly, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Catherine Moreno, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
If you’re interested in joining a committee, please email WSLNetwork@dechert.com
- Website and Linkedin
- Collaboration with Other Organizations
Follow us on LinkedIn